“Stepping Outside the 9 to 5”
episode #445 – February 4, 2020
GUEST: Anna Lundberg | One Step Outside
There is no one right answer, just the one that is right for you.
Ready to leave your nine to five job behind? Before you do, our guest Anna Lundberg suggestions you think about the following five elements necessary to create a sustainable business.
1. Create a vision for you business. And this is unique to you. Re-imagine success not as defined by others, but what you want your business to look like.
2. Get your mindset right. This is about developing the confidence to face the ups and downs of your business
3. Create a business model. Define your services and target markets, and how you will generate revenue.
4. Define your brand. It is easy to get caught up in the day to day, focusing on the next sale, but some of your effort needs to be focused on building your brand platform. This platform will set up up for long term success.
5. Find work life integration. This doesn’t mean balance and an even split between work and the rest of your life, but it is about defining how your business will fit into the rest of your life.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Be prepared to make the leap and then commit to the five elements of sustainable success
Anna Lundberg built her professional career in beauty and luxury marketing, working with brands such as Dolce & Gabbana, Hugo Boss and Burberry. Today, she continues to advise businesses and train teams on how to create powerful brands, develop effective marketing strategies and build digital capabilities in their organisation.
As a coach, she works individually with clients to help them reimagine success in their personal and professional lives, as well as running two group programs: supporting professionals through the transition from corporate employee to setting up a business in One Step Outside the 9 to 5; and mentoring entrepreneurs in Fast-track Your Business in 90 Days.
Anna is the host of the Reimagining Success podcast and author of ‘Leaving the Corporate 9 to 5: Stories from people who’ve done it (and how you can too!)’.
Get the latest episodes and blog posts delivered to your desktop every week.