episode #619 – July 20, 2021
GUEST: Don Markland
Accountability starts with you
This week, the conversation is about accountability. Our guest, Don Markland shared thoughts on developing an accountability habit for your business.
1) Accountability starts with you. While you may find others to help keep you on track, you must take responsibility for actions and results.
2) There is no ego in accountability. You must be ready to listen and respond to feedback, taking ownership without excuses.
3) There are four “C’s” of accountability:
- Critique Success – Always look to improve on what is working
- Correct Failure – Diagnose what is not working and build a plan to fix it
- Celebrate Growth – Don’t wait till you get to your end goal, celebrate the milestone improvements along the way
- Crush Mediocracy – If you are going to do something, commit to it 100%
our guest don markland
Don Markland is the CEO and owner of Accountability Now™, an Executive Coaching and Business Strategy company out of Jacksonville, FL. As Forbes.com contributor for Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Sales, he has over 20 years of experience in the world of sales, marketing, and business growth.
more than a few words . . . and more
Get business tips, tools, trends and training delivered to your desktop