“Do It Yourself Video Marketing”
episode #590 May 4, 2021
GUEST: Matthew Pierce |Techsmith
We have the technology to create great video marketing campaigns from our phones
These days, video marketing is so affordable and so easy to create it should be a part of every small business owner’s content program. We have access to powerful equipment and gear built right in to the phone in our pockets.
Your smartphone, let’s you make quick video marketing on the fly which can look really good if you know a few tricks.
- Figure out your audio. Sure you are shooting video, but if it doesn’t sound good, people just won’t spend the time watching your video.
- Get a tripod and make sure you have good lighting
- Check that there is nothing out of place in the frame, an open window or something which just shouldn’t be there.
- Decide what you want to share with your audience, and what actions you want them to take when they are done watching your video
- Have a distribution plan before you create your video , because each platform, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook etc each have different size requirements.
LEARN MORE AT THE TECHSMITH ACADEMY
our guest matthew pierce
About Matthew Pierce
Matthew Pierce is an experienced instructional designer, training manager, speaker, and multimedia creator. He currently managers training and development at TechSmith Corporation (creators of Snagit and Camtasia), including overseeing instructional design, documentation, training, and technical support.
He also has experience leading and managing the social media, video, Public Relations groups at TechSmith.
Never miss an episode!
Subscribe to More Than a Few Words wherever you listen to podcasts!
Get the latest episodes delivered to your desktop every week.